Saturday, June 30, 2012

Underfoot in the Backyard

I can't wait to start on this project for the yard.  Pebble mosaic pavers.  If you Google them, you can see beautiful, complex ones that would take a lot of time and money, but here is a picture that I think would be reasonably obtainable for us.


jeffreygardens.blogspot.com

One that is beautiful, and simple enough to make...


inspirationgreen.com


Maybe we will make them all different animals...

maggyhowarth.co.uk




They seem to be really simple to make.  Build a mold (flat bottom with edges in whatever shape you need).  Pour in a layer of sand.  Place your pebbles in whatever design you want pushing them all the way down to the flat part of the mold.  Pour cement on top.  Then wait for it to dry, remove it from the mold, and dust off the sand. 



I told Andrew I could build the molds with some of his scrap wood, but he insists on making the molds himself.  I got the distinct feeling he didn't want me using his tools.  Hmph.

Time to look for local pebbles.

more to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment