Sunday, June 17, 2012

Inspiration

The funnest part of a renovation is probably picking out the color palette for each room.  We've been scouring the web looking for inspiration.  The house we live in now has some bold, dark colors, but we're afraid the new house doesn't have the ceiling height to pull them off.  We'll need a lighter palette in most of the spaces.  Here are some inspiring pictures that I found. 



from KatyElliot.com

These doors are from somewhere in Italy and I am in love with this pale green blue.  I love how clean, light, and peaceful these colors are.  This palette could translate into a bedroom like this:



yournestdesign.blogspot.com

This will probably be the color scheme for the upstairs bedroom, although we will leave the walls white.  The headboard and foot board will either be grey or black and we can pull in the green blue with the bedspread and pillows.  The floors will be wood, and we think maybe a large pile shag rug in a pale off-white under the bed.  FUN FUN FUN!!

I'll leave you with another inspiring photo, although I'm not sure where in the house we can use this palette.  Maybe the enclosed porch?  I love this photo.


yournestdesign.blogspot.com

I'm already a terrarium fanatic, so I love these green glass bottles.  It's just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment